Monday, April 12, 2010

The 3rd Lumbar

I'm going to start with lumbar and the reason being, because I had an awesome experience with my sister's horse that has to do with the 3rd lumbar. So, the 3rd lumbar. Altogether there are 6 lumbar(picture below), but the important ones are the 1st, 2nd and 3rd lumbar. The 1st lumbar works with the urinary tract, the 2nd lumbar works with the digestive system and the 3rd lumbar works with the reproductive system. When any of these lumbar are misaligned, it can cause many different problems with each of the systems. In example, if you have a horse that is usually easy to keep (weight-wise) and then you find its weight declining, it could just be because the 2nd lumbar is badly misaligned.
So my awesome experience involved my sister's horse, and her 3rd lumbar. The horse is about 9 now, and we have never seen her come into heat. She's a gorgeous quarter horse, nice conformation and we've always wanted a baby out of her. Problem was, she never came into heat and we never quite knew why. When I finished the course in November, I came home and worked on her about a week later. When I came to the lumbar, low and behold, her 3rd one was misaligned and quite significantly at that. So I adjusted her and then waited. About a month and a half later, while feeding cows, I noticed that she was following one of our geldings around. So I watched her and to my excitement, realized she was in heat! So now we're planning on getting her bred in about a month and hopefully finally get a baby out of her.
This was one of my first experiences that kind of proved to some people that chiropractic most definitely works.

No comments:

Post a Comment